August 3, 2015 by Val
Thursday August 13th
(Roots, Singer/Songwriter, Acoustic & Indie Folk Night!) (this night will also alternate performances immediately one after another between The Club and Exchange sides of the venue)
- Hello Lady continues to progress & prosper with an unapologetic & unmistakable indie rock fury. Strong songwriting and proud showmanship continues to accent an unforgettable live show that can only be described as similar to shaking a hornet’s nest. Repeatedly. While it’s on fire.
- Old soul, baritone, beatnik-folk singer-songwriter, Keiffer Mclean began writing songs in his mid-teens and has since developed into a songwriting virtuoso who has made appearances at several high-profile festivals, including Folk Alliance International, CMW, and JUNOfest. He is a two-time nominee in the Canadian Folk Music Awards ‘Young Performer of the Year’ category
- Sweet Saturday is a roots/folk band that brings whimsy and heart to the rich textures of three-part vocal harmony. They play a rootsy and versatile mix of instruments, including guitar, ukulele, accordion, and mandolin, which bring flavours of folk, bluegrass, Americana, and even an unexpectedly wistful Old World sound.
- Amy McDade is 15 years old, going into Grade 10 in the fall at Raymore School. She has been playing music and singing ever since she can remember. She recently performed for her second year in the GX 94 Star Search Competition, and made it to the finals both years. She also performed on Canada Day for the village of Manitou Beach. She loves to perform and is very excited to be a part of such an exciting event.
Amy at Telemiracle 2014: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wr6s2WxC1zs
Amy at Telemiracle 2015: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_MKam6sDes
The Empire Associates
- The Empire Associates are a local (Regina,SK) indie band that has a passion for music. Their goal is to make music that matters, inspires, and captivates. Their major influences are Mumford & Sons, The National, Dan Mangan, The Beatles, & Bob Dylan. They have played in venues and festivals all over Saskatchewan and feel incredibly blessed to call this province home.
New Music Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp7p4f-kVKM
- As Miss World Canada 2014, Annora was selected to perform live in London for Miss World 2014 to an audience of over a billion viewers after being voted a finalist in the talent division. On May 15th 2015, she released her first single ‘When My Time Comes’.
Hailing from Regina, Saskatchewan, Annora is a classically trained pianist with the Royal Conservatory of Music and has long been involved in musical performance. A featured soloist in Jazz and Full choirs, Annora is a singer and guitarist who writes her own compositions. Annora describes music as a creative outlet and an opportunity to tell a story that inspires others.“The single ‘When My Time Comes’ is an anthem for conquering challenges and pursuing dreams, a song for all of those who dare to try” says Annora.
Throughout her journey Annora has advocated for multiculturalism, volunteering her time as an International Student Aid and raising money for Variety- The Children’s Charity. As Miss World Canada 2014, Annora has attended many charitable initiatives lending her title, and her singing voice, to raise awareness and funds for her community and her country. In recognition of her activism, Annora was awarded as one of Saskatchewan’s Future 40 Under 40 from CBC News Saskatchewan.
The Ben Winoski Project
- THE BEN WINOSKI PROJECT can be seen playing their style of Latin instrumental guitar music at various venues around Regina. Over the past 4 years Ben has made upwards of 200 appearances in Saskatchewan playing this type of music. Ben is an experienced guitar player and teacher, with a diverse background. They have been very active playing private bookings and are available for parties, formal dinners, backyard entertaining, background music, special events, radio and television. Their plan is to continue playing around Saskatchewan and to expand their fan base while having fun.
- Kendal was born with a passion for music. Adopted at birth, she grew up on a farm in the Saskatchewan prairies where she would listen mainly to her parent’s choices of music throughout her childhood. Bands/artists including Queen, The Beatles, Madonna, Leonard Cohen, Neil Diamond, and Johnny Cash. At age 11, Kendal was given her own radio as a gift and was immediately impacted by the latest music she discovered on the FM stations. Avril Lavigne’s debut album in particular, to which she felt a profound connection; thus inspiring her dream of becoming a singer-songwriter. The 23 year old singer-songwriter’s lyrics are honest expressions of emotion, and insightful outlook on life. Backed by powerful vocals, her brand of Pop music is unique and offers a refreshing perspective. Kendal embraces her Aboriginal ancestry and quirky personality; believing you must “be the change you want to see in the world,” she hopes that her music will inspire others to be open minded, fearless, and kind hearted.
The Stillhouse Poets
-The Stillhouse Poets are a roots duo from Regina, Saskatchewan, the heart of the Canadian prairies. Their influences are drawn deep from the musical well waters of the Mississippi Delta and the Appalachian mountains. It’s backwoods harmony with a kick drum heart.
From the skies of Saskatchewan Ava Wild began to collect inspiration and translate her world through music. With the same determination to teach herself guitar at the age of 12, Ava continues to grow in her musical abilities. Ava has performed at the 2014 and 2015 Cathedral Village Arts Festival in Regina, the Regina Saskatchewan 2014 Agribition, and the 2015 Ness Creek Festival.
Category Uncategorized | Tags: